Alternative Arthritis Treatment:
Allopathic doctors would call Arthritis, a disease. However, Arthritis is not a true disease at all. The true disease is a nutritional and hormonal deficiency or imbalance. If your doctor is bound and determined to treat a symptom, instead of the true disease, then I would suggest that you should find another doctor. Find an alternative doctor that will understand how to treat your true disease, without pharmaceutical drugs.
Arthritis should be called a nutritional and hormonal disorder. We can find the solution to the problem, by testing for nutritional and hormonal deficiencies. Arthritis will start to develop, from a hormonal prospective, as we age. We all ( both men and women ) begin to lose both progesterone and testosterone. We also start gaining a very powerful hormone estradiol. Estradiol is about 300 times more potent in the body, than either progesterone or testosterone and therefore it occupies the cell sites, that should be occupied by progesterone and testosterone. For information on hormone Saliva Testing: Click Here
Nutritional problems can start before birth. What the mother does during pregnancy, can set the stage for the child's nutritional problems. We would be much healthier if we simply stay away from problem foods, such as non-organic meat, fruits and vegetables. Non-organic foods are actually poisoned with un-natural hormones and pesticides. To simplify this, we need to know that we can defeat the symptoms, of what we have been told by allopathic doctors are diseases. When we get our nutrition and our hormonal problems balanced, we can begin to strengthen our immune system, which is the only way we are going to correct the true disease, nutritional and hormonal deficiency.
There is hope for people afflicted with Arthritis without resorting to controversial painkillers. Some 5 million people in North America, are suffering from Arthritis, in one form or another. This widespread disorder is characterized by aching pain and stiffness in the joints. Most doctors recognize that Glucosamine, Chondroitin And MSM, are usually more helpfull than RX pain medications, without the side effects. Another important element is Exercise.
Caution: Men Should Not Use Chondroitin, As It May Have Negative Effects On The Prostate.
Chondroitin sulfate appears to be well tolerated for up to three years. Adverse effects that have been rarely reported or are theoretical include: headache, motor uneasiness, euphoria, hives, rash, photosensitivity, hair loss, breathing difficulties, subjective tightness in the throat or chest, exacerbation of previously well-controlled asthma, chest pain, elevated blood pressure, lower extremity edema, gastrointestinal pain/dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, transaminitis, increased risk of bleeding (theoretical), bone marrow suppression (animal research), and eyelid edema. Avoid in individuals with prostate cancer, or at increased risk for prostate cancer, due to a risk of increased spread or recurrence of prostate cancer.
Source: Mayo Clinic
Arthritis Is Present In Several Forms, That Effect Different Areas Of The Body As Shown Below:
- Gouty Arthritis
- Psoratic Arthritis
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Infectious Arthritis
- V.D. Associated Arthritis
- Many Other Lesser Forms Of Arthritis
Holistic lifestyle changes can help to both prevent the condition and offer relief to those experiencing the various symptoms. A good diet with a high quality whole food supplementation program, would be beneficial, as shown below.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B-1
- Vitamin B-2
- Vitamin B-3
- Vitamin B-5
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin B-7
- Vitamin B-9
- Vitamin B-12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
The Following Is Also Recommended:
- Boswellia (Boswellia Serrata), which comes from the Boswellia serrata tree that grows in the dry hills of India. It can ease pain and improve function in people with arthritis. Take 1,200 to 1,500 mg of a standardized extract containing 60% to 65% boswellic acids two to three times daily.
- Bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapples, has a natural anti-inflammatory effect. Take 500 mg three times daily between meals. Dr. Stengler suggests products standardized to 2,000 MCU (milk clotting units) per 1,000 mg or 1,200 GDU (gelatin dissolving units) per 1,000 mg. Check the label.
- Cayenne (Capsicum Annuum) cream works by depleting the nerves of substance P, a neurotransmitter that transmits pain messages. For symptomatic relief, apply a cream standardized to 0.025% to 0.075% capsaicin to the affected area two to four times daily. This old standby is one of today's recent medical discoveries. Ben-Gay, which contains capsaicin, is another option.
- Cetyl Myristoleate (CMO) is an oil commonly found in fish and dairy butter. Preliminary studies have shown promise for treating arthritis. Take 540 mg daily.
- Devil's Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) improved knee and hip pain when taken in combination with NSAIDs in a recent study. Take 1,500 to 2,500 mg of the standardized powdered herb in capsule or tablet form daily, or use 1 milliliter (ml) to 2 ml of the tincture three times a day. Do not take devil's claw or NSAIDs if you have a history of gallstones, heartburn or ulcers.
- Evening Primrose, Black Currant And Borage Oils contain the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA), which reduces joint inflammation. Adding good oils like these to your body and eliminating your intake of bad ones such as saturated oils, can help you feel better. Take up to 2.8 g of GLA daily.
- Fish Oils contain a direct source of the omega-3 fatty acids that reduce joint inflammation and promote joint lubrication. Dr. Stengler recommends a daily dose of at least 1.8 mg of DHA and 1.2 mg of EPA. Be patient, improvement may take up to 12 weeks.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a popular choice for inflammation and pain relief. Pour boiling water over the grated root to make a tea, or add fresh ginger to your meals. If you want a stronger remedy, take 1 g to 2 g of the dried powder in capsule form two or three times daily, or use 1 ml to 2 ml of the tincture three times daily.
- Glucosamine Sulfate from the tissues of shellfish and chondroitin sulfate from animal cartilage are good basic supplements for those with arthritis. Taken for four to eight weeks, they help decrease pain and inflammation. Recent evidence from two European studies suggests that glucosamine even may halt or reverse disease progression, and some people taking it may be able to reduce their use of NSAIDs. (See Daily Health News, May 17, 2004.) Dr. Stengler recommends 1,500 mg daily of glucosamine and up to 1,200 mg daily of chondroitin.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) an organic sulfur, has natural anti-inflammatory benefits because sulfur is an integral component of cartilage. Take 2,000 mg to 8,000 mg daily. Reduce dosage if diarrhea occurs.
- SAM-e (S-Adenosylmethionine) is an excellent supplement to reduce the symptoms of arthritis. A naturally occurring substance in the cells of the body that activates chemical reactions, it is required for methylation reactions, meaning that it makes available a carbon-hydrogen molecule for crucial chemical reactions to take place. In regard to the joints, SAM-e's methylation helps prevent the loss of water in cartilage, which keeps the joint more flexible. Take 600 mg to 1,200 mg daily for two months, followed by 400 mg to 800 mg daily as a maintenance dosage.
- Progesterone; Testosterone To Suppress Estradiol I n Both Men And Women
Arthritis Information: Fasting
Arthritis Information: Natural News 2/16/2009 - Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Useless For Arthritis Pain
Arthritis Information: Natural News 3/8/2010 - Tai Chi Helps People With Arthritis Of The Knee
Arthritis Information: Natural News 5/1/2010 - Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked To Vitamin D Deficiency
Arthritis Information: Natural News 10/7/2010 - Eat Broccoli And Avoid Arthritis
Arthritis Information: Natural News 4/27/2011 - (Part I) Overcome Arthritis Naturally
Arthritis Information: Natural News 7/3/2011 - Got Arthritis Pain? Try Frankincense
Arthritis Information: Natural News 3/15/2012 - Easy Homemade Remedies Relieve Arthritis And Joint Pain
Arthritis Information: Natural News 6/16/2012 - Rheumatoid Arthritis Yields To The Power Of Nutritional Medicine
Arthritis Information: Natural News 11/21/2012 - Healing Arthritis The Gerson Way
Arthritis Information: Natural News 2/8/2013 - Best Foods To Halt Chronic Arthritis Pain
Arthritis Information: Natural News 5/10/2013 - Black Bean Broth: Treatment For Arthritis, Gout And Joint Pain
Arthritis Information: Natural News 7/8/2013 - Treat Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Naturally With Curcumin
Arthritis Information: Worold Health 9/11/2008 - Knee Arthroscopy Ineffective For Treatment Of Arthritis
Arthritis Information:Dr. William Campbell Douglass II 8/27/2002 - Treatment For Osteoarthritis
Arthritis Information:Dr. William Campbell Douglass II 11/26/2002 - Devils Claw
Arthritis Information:Dr. William Campbell Douglass II 12/3/2002 - Heavy Lifting
Arthritis Information:Alternative Arthritis Treatments
Arthritis Information:Arthritis Insight
Arthritis Information:David W. Gregg, Ph.D.
Arthritis Information Part I:Dr. John McDougall, M.D.
Arthritis Information Part II:Dr. John McDougall, M.D.
Arthritis Information: Reuters Health 2/19/2003
Arthritis Information:Dr. Ben Kim
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 2/27/2000 - Patients Not Living Longer
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 3/19/2000 - Glucosamine And Chondrotin May Help
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 4/16/2000 - FDA Drug To Compete with Celebrex And Vioxx
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 8/6/2000 - Coffee Drinking May Raise Rheumatoid Risk
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 8/20/2000 - Mycoplasma In Synovial Fluid Of Patients
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 8/27/2000 - Protocol For Using Antibiotics
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 9/3/2000 - Gene Discovery May Aid Rheumatoid Arthritis
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 9/17/2000 - Among Top 10 Killers Of Women
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 10/15/2000 - Drug Causing Blood Reactions
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 12/3/2000 - New Drug Therapy
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 2/17/2001 - Celebex Can't Prove Value
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 3/7/2001 - New Improvement
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 3/17/2001 - Arthroscopic Surgery
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 5/2/2001 - Consider NST
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 5/2/2001 - Spirituality May Help Relieve Pain
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 2/25/2004 - Cod Liver Oil
Arthritis Information:Dr. Mercola 7/3/2004 - Vitamin C
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 7/17/2004 - Rheumatoid Arthritis
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 8/18/2004 - Creams Fail
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 8/21/2004 - Nasal Spray
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 9/8/2004 - Heart Attacks
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 9/29/2004 - Rheumatoid
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 11/3/2004 - Blood Cancer
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 11/20/2004 - Bee Venom
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 1/12/2005 - What It Is
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 2/16/2005 - Heart Attack
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 4/20/2005 - Drugs
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 8/2/2005 - Rheumatoid
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 10/15/2005 - Automotive Oil
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 5/6/2006 - Obesity
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 6/3/2006 - Dangerous Drugs
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 10/12/2006 - Power Of The Mind
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 11/18/2006 - Acupuncture And Turmeric
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 12/14/2006 - Improved By Food Choices
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 1/9/2007 - Does Drinking Alcohol Prevent?
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 4/2/2007 - Emotional Issues Major Factor In Arthritis Pain
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 5/9/2007 - Treatments For Rheumatoid Arthritis
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 4/12/2008 - Surgery Does Little For Arthritic Knees
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 6/28/2008 - Do Arthritis Drugs Cause Cancer?
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 9/25/2008 - Arthritis Drugs Cause Fatal Fungal Infections
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 1/31/2009 - Important Details You Need To Know About Arthritis
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 5/8/2010 - Two Arthritis Powerhouses Even Stronger Together
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 8/28/2010 - Arthritis Patients Benefit From Weight Training
Arthritis Information: Dr. Mercola 11/9/2011 - Pomegranate Extract May Reduce Arthritis Symptoms