MSM And DMSO:
MSM Is A Normal Metabolite, Or Byproduct, Of Dimethyl Sulfoxide, Better Known As DMSO.
DMSO Is A Natural Solvent, That Will Carry MSM Into The System Transdermaly.
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane or Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound that plays a crucial role in forming muscles, nails, hair and skin as well as building healthy cells.
MSM offers a natural way to reduce pain and inflammation without serious side effects. MSM may even deliver as much or even more relief as some of the standard painkillers. However, MSM just doesn't work as fast. That's because MSM is not a drug; MSM is a nutritional supplement. But you will often begin to experience noticeable easing of pain and discomfort, along with more energy, and in general feel better, within days of starting MSM.
MSM relieves; MSM does not cure. Many years of clinical use at Oregon Health Sciences University have demonstrated that MSM provides major pain relief through the following actions:
- MSM inhibits pain impulses along nerve fibers (analgesic effect)
- MSM lessens inflammation
- MSM increases blood supply
- MSM reduces muscle spasm
- MSM aids in the softening of scar tissue
MSM won't cure an illness such as arthritis or lupus. The dictionary defines cure as an elimination of disease. MSM doesn't do that. For example, we don't cure diabetes with insulin. We control it. What MSM does is to serve as a natural remedy to relieve the pain, inflammation and many symptoms of illness. Generally, MSM provides relief for as long as you take it, although sometimes health problems don't return even if you stop taking MSM.
Here Is What MSM Does:
- MSM is an analgesic.
- MSM relieves pain.
- MSM reduces inflammation.
- MSM passes through cellular membranes of the body, including the skin.
- MSM dilates blood vessels (vasodilation) and increases blood flow.
- MSM is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Cholinsterase is an enzyme that stops excessive passage of nerve impulses from one nerve cell to another. I have seen MSM provide swift relief of constipation associated with aging. By blocking the action of cholinesterase, MSM helps restore normal bowel activity (peristalsis).
- MSM reduces muscle spasm. Injury or inflammations commonly cause spasm in a muscle or group of muscles. Spasm involves a sudden contraction, which is followed by pain and interference with function. Spasm can be felt by a physician's touch or measured with electromyography. If you apply an MSM gel or cream to an affected area and then feel the muscle again later, or measure it electrically, the muscle is looser, the area less tender. MSM taken orally produces a muscle-relaxing effect.
- MSM alters the cross linking process in collagen, thus reducing scar tissue. Cross linking is the process in which new structural proteins are knitted to existing healthy tissue at the sites of surgical incisions or traumatic damage in the body.
- MSM has antiparasitic properties, particularly for giardia, a protozoan parasite that causes diarrhea.
- MSM has an immune normalizing effect, as observed in some autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and scleroderma.
|MSM vs DMSO||MSM||DMSO|
|Naturally Occurring In The Human Body||Yes||Yes, They Form Each Other In The Body|
|Is Easy To Purchase & Legal||Yes||Is Harder To Find, And Illegal To Sell Except As A Solvent|
|Side Effects||None||Skin Rashes, Headaches, Nausea, Bloating, Nasal Congestion|
|Is Used To Help Arthritis,
Fibromyalgia, Muscle & Joint Pains,
Asthma, M.S., Burns, Scar Tissue
MSM And DMSO Information: Maya Muir - Many Uses, Much Controversy
MSM And DMSO Information: Jack Challem - The Nutrition Reporter
MSM And DMSO Information: DMSO As A Solvent
MSM And DMSO Information: The Biochemical Oxygen Transport Pair
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 7/28/2010 - MSM Body Care Products Soothe Joints, Nourish Skin
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 11/6/2010 - MSM Offers Many Health Benefits
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 5/19/2011 - Winning Supplement Formula Increases MSM Absorption
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 9/24/2012 - MSM Is A Breast Cancer Miracle Cure And So Much More
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 10/10/2012 - Why People Should Use DMSO For Cancer, Inflammation And More
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 7/2/2013 - Discover MSM For Soft, Deeply Hydrated And Bright Skin
MSM And DMSO Information: Natural News 8/7/2014 - Natural Inexpensive Cancer Treatment Agent Mostly Forgotten Or Ignored
MSM And DMSO Information: Dr. Mercola 3/3/2013 - MSM Health Benefits May Be Related To Its Sulfur Content