Alternative Thyroid Treatment:
The Thyroid controls much of what happens to us, especially regarding our sex hormones and our immune system. When we get a Thyroid test, many times the standard test is all that is done. The results are given for the following: T-3 level T-4 level and TSH level. Unless your doctor requests a comprehensive Thyroid test you will not get the results of the Reverse T-3 level.
The Thyroid gets It's information from the Pituatary. TSH hormone converts to T-4 hormone and minor amounts of T-3 hormone. Some of the T-4 hormone (that is stored in the body) then converts to T-3 hormone and to Reverse T-3. They are all Thyroid hormones; some control each other and some control the rest of the body's hormones. If the Thyroid quits working, so does the immune system and then we are at death's door. T-4 is like the (backup storage), waiting to convert to T-3. T-3 is the active hormone that controls the rest of the hormones.
- T-4 is the inactive Thyroid hormone and It's job is to get the body to convert it to T-3. When this does not happen, we are low in T-3 and our problems start to occur.
- T-3 is the active Thyroid hormone and when it is found to be low, we must supplement with T-3
- Reverse T-3 is the anti Thyroid hormone and when it is found to be high, T-3 must be supplemented.
When supplementing, make sure your doctor has prescribed natural bio-identical hormones, the same as your body makes and not a synthetic hormone.
- Armour Thyroid and Nature-Throid are natural bio-identical combinations of T-4 and T-3.
- T-3 can be compounded by a pharmacist into any quantity that is needed.
- T-4 can be compounded by a pharmacist into any quantity that is needed.
- A combination of T-3 and T-4, can be compounded by a pharmacist into any quantity that is needed.
If your tests show that you are low in both T-3 and T-4, then a natural hormone, such as (Armour Thyroid) or (Nature-Throid)(both brand names) could be prescribed. If your test results find you are not converting T-4 to T-3 very well, then You can also have the prescription filled at a compounding pharmacy for Cytomel which is a natural bio-identical T-3.
The following is a list of disorders attributed to Thyriod distress:
- Hashimoto's Syndrome
- Graves Syndrome
- Wilson's Syndrome
- DeQuervains Syndrome
- Plummer's Syndrome
Always discuss every medicine you take or are considering, with your physician. Your doctor needs this information and in the case of Thyroid disease, it is especially critical. The reason is that one substance might offset or enhance the effectiveness of another and at the very least, your doctor may want to alter the dosages of your medication or supplements.
Those with Thyroid disorder should make any necessary changes in lifestyle, to bring about better health. Thyroid disorder affects the immune system directly. Poor nutrition and lack of exercise, exacerbates the problem. Eat well, exercise regularly, take your vitamins daily, in addition to the other medication and supplements you need and you should be able to greatly improve or even eliminate this disorder.
Alternative medicine doctors will know what tests to do, to achieve the results,that are necessary for you good health.
For more information Click Here
Here Are Some Of The Symptoms And Conditions Of Thyroid Disorder:
- Generally Feeling cold
- Cold Extremities
- Weight Problems
- Body Aches
- Low Libido
- Feeling cold
- Water Retention
- Dry Skin, Eczema
- No Relief From: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- No Relief From: Fibromyalgia
- No Relief From: P.M.S.
- No Relief From: Menopause
- Diffuse Hair Loss
- Dry Hair
- Poor Memory
- Poor Concentration
- Pale Skin
- Shortness Of Breath
- Heavy Menstrual Flow
- Muscle Or Joint Aches
- Poor Motivation
Here are some of the supplements that you might try, with the approval of your Alternative Doctor
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
Dosage=600 MG. Daily
- Chromium Picolinate
Dosage=1,000 MCG. Daily
Dosage=1 Teaspoon Daily (With Food or Drink)
- Green Tea Whole Complex
Dosage=750 MG. Daily
Dosage=300 MG. Daily
- N-Acetal Cysteine
Dosage=25 MG. Daily
Dosage=100 MG. Daily
Dosage=1 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-1 (Thyamin)
Dosage=76 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin)
Dosage=25 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-3 (Niacin)
Dosage=250 MG. Twice Daily
- Vitamin B-5 (Pantothenic Acid)
Dosage=150 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-6 (Piridoxine)
Dosage=125 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-7 (biotin)
Dosage=8 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-9 (Folic Acid)
Dosage=8 MG. Daily
- Vitamin B-12 (cobalamin)
Dosage=2 MG. Daily
- Vitamin C
Dosage=3,000 MG. Daily
- Vitamin E
Dosage=1,000 I.U. Daily
- Vitamin K
Dosage=100 MCG. Daily
How To Take Basal Temperature
Record your underarm basal body temperature with a glass thermometer (not digital). The procedure for doing so is the following:
1. Get a glass thermometer, not digital (the digital ones stop reading after a minute or two and are not as accurate). Non-mercury glass thermometers are now commercially available at Walgreen's and other pharmacies (if you have trouble locating a mercury thermometer).
2. Shake down the thermometer the night before you do the test (using your muscles to shake the thermometer will raise your temperature and throw off the test).
Place the thermometer at your bedside with a book (the book will be obvious in a moment).
3. Go to sleep without an extraneous heat source such as a bed partner (spouse, dog, etc), an electric blanket or on a waterbed (they are heated). You are allowed to wear pajamas and use as many blankets as you desire, as they do not throw off the test.
When you wake up in the morning (or if you sleep during the day, when you wake up after at least 4 hours of sleep), use as little movement as possible (all movement moves your muscles and raises your temperature) and place the thermometer in your armpit. Why the armpit? Patients with low thyroid often have allergies or get sinus infections, which raise the temperature inside the mouth. Patients rarely get armpit infections, so this site is more reliable. I have had only one patient who had a difference in temperature between armpits, but that was due to unusual anatomy (she had something called an atrial-venous malformation (AVM) in one armpit). Leave it there for at least ten minutes (hence, you have a book to read.)
4. Women who still have periods should take their temperature over the first 3 days of their period and average the numbers. Women who have had a hysterectomy but still have at least one ovary will probably want to test over a period of 14 days and use the 3 days with the lowest readings. Men and postmenopausal women can test for any 3 days and average.
5. Normal axillary body temperature is between 97.4 and 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures below that are suggestive of low thyroid.
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 12/12/2008 - Controlling Hypothyroidism Naturally
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 3/9/2011 - Prevent And Treat Hyperthyroidism Naturally
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 5/20/2011 - Thyroid Drug Increases Risk Of Bone Fractures In Women
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 7/12/2011 - Beat Hypothyroidism Naturally
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 5/17/2012 - How To Eliminate Thyroid Disease, Naturally
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 9/11/2012 - Five Steps To Boosting Your Thyroid Function Almost Immediately
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 10/22/2012 - Major Challenges With Thyroid Function And Testing
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 3/26/2013 - Boost Thyroid Health And Shift Your Thyroid Hormone Levels With Zinc
Thyroid Disorder Information: Natural News 6/15/2013 - Understanding Thyroid Disorders And How To Treat Them Naturally
Thyroid Disorder Information: Fasting
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. William Campbell Douglass II 10/29/2002 - Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disorder Information: Stop The Thyroid Madness
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 3/5/2000 - Thyroid Update
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 3/12/2000 - Armour Thyroid Ingredients
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 5/21/2000 - Thyroid Testing Update
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 6/10/2000 - Calcium & Synthetic Hormones
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 6/17/2000 - Thyroid Screening Guidelines
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 7/2/2000 - Smoking Increases Risk
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 8/20/2000 - Pesticides May Be Danger
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 8/20/2000 - Chemical In Water Causes Damage
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 9/10/2000 - Patients Benefit From Hormone Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 10/22/2000 - Current Thyroid Testing Inadequate
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 12/10/2000 - Linked To Miscarriage
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 1/28/2001 - Experts Change Diagnosis Criteria
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 4/18/2001 - Too Much Hormone Increases Bone Fracture
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 11/8/2003 - Virgin Coconut Oil
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 10/16/2004 - TSH Levels
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 5/6/2008 - What is Thyroid-Related Fatigue?
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 9/5/2009 - Avoid Bromodes If You Want To Keep Your Thyroid Healthy
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 9/19/2009 - Is The FDA Poised To Ban A Century-Old Natural Remedy?
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 10/13/2010 - Stop Consuming This "Healthy" Food
Thyroid Disorder Information: Dr. Mercola 8/1/2011 - Are Synthetic Thyroid Drugs, Like Synthroid, Actually Making Your Condition Worse?