Alternative Fibromyalgia Treatment:
Allopathic doctors would call Fibromyalgia, a disease. However, Fibromyalgia is not a true disease at all. The true disease is a nutritional and hormonal deficiency or imbalance. If your doctor is bound and determined to treat a symptom, instead of the true disease, then I would suggest that you should find another doctor. Find an alternative doctor that will understand how to treat your true disease, without pharmaceutical drugs.
Fibromyalgia should be called a nutritional and hormonal disorder. We can find the solution to the problem, by testing for nutritional and hormonal deficiencies. Fibromyalgia will start to develop, from a hormonal prospective, as we age. We all ( both men and women ) begin to lose both progesterone and testosterone. We also start gaining a very powerful hormone estradiol. Estradiol is about 300 times more potent in the body, than either progesterone or testosterone and therefore it occupies the cell sites, that should be occupied by progesterone and testosterone. For information on hormone Saliva Testing: Click Here
Nutritional problems can start before birth. What the mother does during pregnancy, can set the stage for the child's nutritional problems. We would be much healthier if we simply stay away from problem foods, such as non-organic meat, fruits and vegetables. Non-organic foods are actually poisoned with un-natural hormones and pesticides. To simplify this, we need to know that we can defeat the symptoms, of what we have been told by allopathic doctors are diseases. When we get our nutrition and our hormonal problems balanced, we can begin to strengthen our immune system, which is the only way we are going to correct the true disease, nutritional and hormonal deficiency.
Our chances of being healthy would be greatly increased, if we would eat meat products, from free range farms and eat organic fruits and vegetables. Also as important, would be the elimination of pasteurized milk and all grains, from your diet. However, raw milk from grass fed, free range cattle that has not had un-natural hormones added, would be beneficial.
There is hope for people afflicted with Fibromyalgia without resorting to controversial painkillers. Some 5 million people in North America, mostly women between the ages of 20 and 50, are suffering from Fibromyalgia. In one survey, about one-quarter of those diagnosed with this condition were unable to work. Others found Fibromyalgia seriously affected their job performance. This widespread disorder is characterized by aching pain and stiffness in the fibrous tissue of the muscle joints. Most sufferers say they ache all over and are particularly sensitive to pressure in certain tender points around the neck, shoulder, chest, hip, knee and elbow regions. The pain has been described as burning, aching, throbbing and stabbing. It's usually more pronounced in the morning and when one is trying to relax. Fibromyalgia is often associated with stress, lack of sleep, anxiety and physical strain.
While Fibromyalgia is not fatal, nor the cause of any permanent damage, it is so debilitating that those who suffer from it are often seriously effected in their performance. About one-quarter of people with the disease are unable to work at all. This has a profound effect on their families and social life too. Virtually unheard of a few years ago, this bizarre condition is often associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and has totally baffled the allopathic medical community. Since they have not found a cause nor a therapy, many patients are being told they just have to live with it. For a physician to diagnose Fibromyalgia, the patient must have widespread pain in all four quadrants of the body, for at least a three month period. To be considered widespread, pressure pain must be found in at least eleven of eighteen specific tender points. But fighting Fibromyalgia is now possible. Holistic lifestyle changes can help to both prevent the condition and offer relief to those experiencing the various symptoms. These changes include stress modification techniques, regular exercise and a good diet with a high quality whole food supplementation program. it's also a good idea to include Omega 3 Salmon Oil with your daily supplement program.
Here Are Some Of The Symptoms Of Fibromyalgia:
- Tingling of the hands and feet
- Extreme Fatigue
- Difficultly sleeping
- Difficulty sleeping
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Menstrual cramping
- Difficulty thinking
- Anxiety attacks
- Foggy Thinking
- Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Mood Swings
Conditions Also Associated With Fibromyalgia
Many other physical conditions are found frequently along with fibromyalgia.* Each of these can and do occur separately; however, they are also quite commonly associated with fibromyalgia.
- TMJ. Many patients suffering with TMJ problems also sufferer with fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, many doctors (1) don't recognize either TMJ or fibromyalgia or (2) fail to see the connection of these two pain syndromes. Fibromyalgia almost always intensifies the painful symptoms of TMJ and when one or both temporomandibular joints are dislocated, the pain of fibromyalgia in the neck and upper back is greatly magnified. Both TMJ and fibromyalgia produce similar painful symptoms in the muscles of the neck, shoulders, back, face and head as well as often causing dizziness.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This debilitating disorder, just like fibromyalgia and TMJ, is often misdiagnosed and at best, misunderstood by many medical professionals. In addition to chronic fatigue, CFS, just like fibromyalgia, produces muscle pain and weakness.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Nearly half of all patients with fibromyalgia have frequent bowel cramping, severe diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain.
- Depression. As with most conditions which produce chronic pain, depression is a common problem with fibromyalgia. Common depression symptoms include a feeling of low self esteem, helplessness, hopelessness, poor appetite, loss of sexual drive, sleeplessness, frequent crying, and basic lack of interest in life.
- Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks. Often, those afflicted with fibromyalgia also experience extreme anxiety and panic attacks, especially at nighttime. They may awaken in terror with their heart beating rapidly, their chest feeling tight with a feeling as if breathing is impossible. The patient will be convinced that they are going to die. There are many causes of such attacks, and perhaps alterations in certain body chemicals produced in excess with fibromyalgia may be one cause.
- Concentration and Memory Problems. Like those suffering with severe TMJ, patient with fibromyalgia often report difficulty in thinking and even remembering. They often forget where they've parked the car at the mall, for example. Simple facts and numbers are often forgotten. Understandably, great frustration often accompanies these memory problems.
- Irritable Bladder. Those with fibromyalgia often complain of frequent, painful urination. Although they feel as if their bladder is infected, urine and blood tests are negative.
- Mitral Value Prolapse. There may be a statistical correlation with those suffering with mitral value prolapse (a weakness in the mitral value of the heart) and fibromyalgia. Since the mitral value is mostly fibrous connective tissue, perhaps the same process that effects other connective tissue of the body (eg, muscles, ligaments, tendons and bursae) also damages the mitral value of the heart.*
- Fibrocytic Breast Disease and Endometriosis. Although there is no known explanation (yet!), both fibrocystic disease of the breast and endometriosis are often seen in women with fibromyalgia.*
*Pellegrino, MJ. Fibromyalgia: Managing The Pain. Columbus: Anadem Publishing, 1993.
Fibromyalgia Information: Fasting
Fibromyalgia Information: Click Here
Fibromyalgia Information: David W. Gregg, Ph.D.
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 8/7/2008 - Drug Companies Push New Medications For Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 3/14/2010 - Use Natural And Alternative Help For Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 2/16/2011 - Fibromyalgia: Science Validates Homeopathy (Again)
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 10/15/2011 - Conventional Medicine Ignores Root Causes Of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 5/12/2012 - The Raw Foods Diet Greatly Increased The Quality Of Life
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 5/12/2012 - Beat Fibromyalgia naturally
Fibromyalgia Information: Natural News 4/30/2013 - Five Natural Alternatives For Banishing Fibromyalgia Pain And Inflammation
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 1/7/2001 - Exercise
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 7/28/2004 - Yeast Part I
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 7/31/2004 - Yeast Part II
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 9/22/2004 - Pill
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 2/12/2005 - Arthritis
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 2/2/2008 - Fibromyalgia, Lyrica, And The New York Times
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 11/22/2008 - Proof That Fibromyalgia Is Real
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 3/7/2009 - Could Your Muscle Pain Really be Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia Information: Dr. Mercola 2/26/2011 - Treatment Thatís Nearly Always Overlooked